Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Simplecast or Overcast.
Welcome to episode 41 of the Yay for Business Podcast. In today’s episode, we’re going to talk about building self-trust. Usually, when people think about the word trust, they think about trusting others. Of course, trust is essential for any relationship in our lives, but we also must learn to trust ourselves.
While chatting over DM with our Yay for 100K applicants, I’ve noticed a trend. People keep saying, “I need accountability. I’ve taken a lot of courses in the past, and I didn’t finish them. So I’m afraid that I’m going to do that again.” Or they say, “I hired a coach, and it didn’t work out. So now I’m nervous to hire another business coach.”
This is a form of self-punishment. In essence, you’re punishing yourself for the decision you made in the past to enroll in that course or hire that coach.
In today’s episode, I want to change that self-punishment narrative. Let’s learn from the decisions we are making and view them not as a punishment, but as an opportunity to take every moment and experience to become indestructible.
In today’s episode, we’re specifically covering:
- How holding ourselves to high standards makes us believe that our self-trust is broken
- How to have compassion for yourself when you don’t do things perfectly or get the outcome that you want
- The importance of understanding that you decide the results that you’re going to get
- Getting a return on investment from any decision or experience every time
- How to practice nuanced thinking towards setbacks
If you are ready to work with us and turn your service into a program, we would love to have you! We are back in August to review all of our Yay for 100K applicants, so now is a great time to apply. You can get all the details and apply here!