Listen on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Simplecast or Overcast.
Today’s episode is all about overcoming objections. An objection is a reason someone gives for not enrolling, signing up, or buying your product or service. Objections may seem negative but there are ways we can address them that help us connect better with people and even make sales. In today’s episode, I am discussing the psychology behind why people make decisions, giving you my golden rules for approaching sales and sharing real-world examples to help you overcome those “no’s.” This episode will give you confidence to deal with objections and prepare you to overcome them from day one.
We often take objections personally or see them as a failure in our business. Here’s the good news: Objections do not equal failure. The better news? I have lots of tips, guidelines, and examples that will help you easily and comfortably address these objections and even use them to help you! As soon as you focus less on the money and less on yourself, you will be able to approach your sales from a place of helping others. Once you are there, you can tackle every “I’m not ready” or “This won’t work” in a way that helps your potential client and helps you too!
In today’s episode, we’re specifically covering:
- How to make a sale without convincing, shaming, or desperation
- How to continue genuine service beyond objections
- My top rules for approaching sales:
- Always approach sales from a place of service
- Always approach sales from a place of detachment
- Specific objections we discuss
- “I’m not ready.”
- “I can’t afford it.”
- “I don’t have the time.”
- “I need to do ____ before I start.”
- “I need 1:1 coaching instead of a program.”
- “I’m in another program, so I can’t do this now.”
- “This won’t work for me in my situation.”
Ep 26: Money Mindset
Ep 27: Time Management for Rebels
Ep 28: Hire Your First VA (Plus 25 Tasks to Give Them!)
Ep 29: Upgrade Your Services for “Premium Pricing